Accomplished technology executive with nearly 15 years of industry experience that includes over ten years in leadership roles. Proven ability to develop and lead execution of IT strategy, build high-performance teams, and drive critical initiatives to improve services and impact the business.
Expertise includes IT strategy and management, cloud services, infrastructure, integration, information assurance, and oversight of the software development lifecycle.
2006 - Present
Director, Information Services
American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE)
AFGE is the largest federal employee union with 700K government workers in the US and overseas.
- Manage $4M annual budget and a team of three managers, 15 staff, and several consultants providing IT services for 350+ internal users across 12 locations and building applications used by 350K members worldwide.
- Drive design and execution of technical strategy including architecture, direction of project portfolios and software development initiatives, cloud adoption, data strategy, and proactive security mitigations and countermeasures.
- Partnered with executive board members, management peers, and staff across the organization to develop a progressive, service-centric, results-oriented culture.
- Spearheaded establishment of an Information Security program modeled on NIST 800-53 standards, including policy and governance framework, enterprise-wide two-factor authentication and identity federation, system architecture enhancements, implementation of SOC/SIEM systems, and endpoint modeling.
- Oversaw implementation of AFGE E-Dues, a membership payment and subscription management platform designed to scale in order to eventually process ~$100M in revenue for 300K+ members. Currently in adoption phase.
- Contributed to architecture and operations for SaaS products, 70+ server instances, networks, and security services.
- Served as IT Manager (2008-10) supervising eight IT staff and additional consultants, management of budgets up to $2M, maintaining 100 servers, and overseeing software development and IT operations teams.
- Initially hired as Network Administrator (2006-07) responsible for supervising five IT employees and additional consultants, oversight of a ~$1M annual operations budget, data center build-outs, CRM selection, and supporting 250+ users spanning 12 sites.
2007 - Present
Chief Technology Officer
Empowerment through Technology and Education, Part-Time
Providing Managed IT Services across the Washington, DC and La Paz, Bolivia markets. Key stakeholder in the technology and business strategy of the organization. Hands-on involvement with all levels of technical initiatives.
- Management of technical projects, projects, and processes
- Partnering with President on staffing, business development, and logistical decisions across two continents
- Advise clients on and document technological solutions
- Development and top tier support for a multi-tenant architecture supporting dozens of organization’s information processing requirements
- Monitor status and resolve problems in a range of Windows-based and Linux-based environments
- Initially hired in a consulting capacity (2007 - 2013) before promotion to CTO with technical project management responsibility for installations and migrations of Windows Server, SBS, VMWare Server, firewall and Exchange.
2005 - 2006
Network and Systems Engineer
Nortec is a managed services provider offering cloud services to clients in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Install, configure, and maintain servers and related applications
- Monitor status and resolve problems in Windows Server, Exchange, backup and other products
- Advise clients on technological solutions